Thursday 7 January 2010

Happy New Year One and All

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.  Life has not been boring at all .. and currently it looks like that is not going to stop.  I realise it has been a while since I last wrote on here, is always difficult to keep things up; as writing here means I am not playing EVE or RL has taken over.

In the last month I seem to have managed to do many new things; some good and some not so good.  I have spent a fair amount of time roaming around null sec recently getting to grips with the ins and outs of things and breaking down those images of null sec being a terrible place.  Our corporation finally sorted itself out and has started up a new alliance; some of our old friends have joined us, we have new friends, and some weren't invited.  From here we will see what is going happen; there is lots of ambitious talk at present and I am excited to see what happens.

I lost my first ship due to not paying attention whilst missioning in low sec; I am not going to complain though as I learn a huge amount and also discovered that I am not as bad as I thought I was.  It took my aggressors rather a long time to kill my ship and if I had a way of breaking the scramblers I would of managed to get clear.  What else did I learn, well in the words of Douglas Adams ... "Don't Panic."  With a clear head there are lots of things you can do (even if that is sit and watch your shields slowly turn red).  Still I lost the ship which is a shame but onwards and upwards.

My own plans are also getting bigger and I have to say I am going to need to work on my isk for some of those to happen.  With this taken into account I guess the next stages for me as a approach my first year are:

  • Continue to work on my core and gunnery skills.
  • Train up tech II cruisers.
  • Get some PvP experience in null sec.
  • Maybe start some tech II frigate construction.
Well will check on this through the year and see what happens.  Anyway hope everyone had a great time over the holidays and fly safe in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment