Wednesday 28 July 2010

Taking Her Out For A Spin



Well it has been ages since I got a nice new shiny ship for KT.  I always seem to be getting stuff for my alts with KT just doing the same old and raising ISK whilst others benefit.  But not today, thanks to a very good corp mate (for jumping back to Jita), I now have a Loki.

This is my first T3 ship, and rather than savouring the moment and putting the whole thing together slowly and appreciating the moment I acted like one of my kids at Christmas and shoved everything together with gusto without really paying to much attention to the subsystems building process, threw the modules in and then sat there in station and spun the thing round for a while.  I had not really meant to be online last night, but other stuff got cancelled and well, I acted like a giddy school kid as I played with my new toy.  It was only when after a quite couple of minutes on TS did someone laugh at me and ask if I was spinning my ship in station.  I blushed and had to admit that I was.

Back when I started I did wonder if I had picked the right race to be honest.  Minmatar does come under fire for its somewhat Airfix approach to ship design, however after using an alt that flies other races I discovered I was now pretty much attuned to the resilience of duct tape and speed which you can go.  There are some good looking ships in the whole Minmatar arsenal; the Rifter for example is a popular ship, and I am now going to add the Loki to that list too.


Well after getting a good look in station I joined a fleet and ran a few PLEX to see how she handled, check out the tank and also see what the DPS is like.  On paper this thing looked pretty good; the tank held easy, with only the use of the hardeners I could easily manage a full wave aggro in the hardest PLEX, DPS though is uncertain and I am going to have to play around with that for a while I think.  On the whole though a great ship.  I have used a Maelstrom for so long long doing basic PVE that I also have a big game play change to get used to as well so will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment