Tuesday 27 October 2009

Getting ready

Well, it is around 20 days to getting the Orca out and about so need to start planning the fitting and also look in detail at my exploration skill base.

Fitting
As I said before there is a layout in Battleclinic for an exploration Orca that got a lot of good ratings.  I have been working with this as a starter and am looking at the following:


   [Orca, Orca: Exploration Mobile Base]


   Siege Warfare Link - Shield Harmonizing or Improved Cloaking Device II
   Small Tractor Beam I
   Salvager I


   Ballistic Deflection Field II
   Explosion Dampening Field II
   Heat Dissipation Field II
   Photon Scattering Field II


   Damage Control II
   Overdrive Injector System II


   5x Hammerhead II


   Hurricane  
   Cheetah     
   Retriever   


The only question here is could I fit a better set up in the mid slots?  If I take this in to a w/hole I would drop the link module and fit a cloak in there which fits fine  I have not fitted any rigs in here yet as I will use this to mine as well, though if it works I might eventually get a separate Orca for mining.

I will cover the skills in a separate posting.  There are some good guides now on exploration and scanning on the official wiki site which I will link in so that I am not regurgitating already well written articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment